Rubenesque Bride

It's been quiet in here. I know. It's all too noisy out there and so tiring. So i bolted back, ready to smash the keyboard with coffee my best friend - he owls me always. Equate a good time.





While i was away, i learnt. It was not easy at all. It started with a gaze, then i felt and held, i donned then came the heart melting moment when it was all true. Okay, let me do the recollections in a proper manner.


You see, the only reason over sized  gear was created was to hide our insecurities. My insecurities. The folds came in early and they fell so perfectly that i was insecure to buy a size bigger every time the zipper burst and the tops seemed to be uncooperative with the folds . Don't mistake the folds and stretches for laziness, i never sat at the bench. You doubt? Ask the coach about jersey number 7.



Fast forward. I have had to dine with confidence a couple of times. Then took a walk with self and got my new roommate peace. Bliss. The way i see it, all the sweet  and the bad words/ gestures can never substitute what you feel deep inside about your self. It all starts as a one man party before we extend the love to the world.

The hair was a bit uncooperative, but she is a good looking bride :)


The fairy tale will unfold some day. My fear of an over sized 1950s gear that will hide my stretches is no more. I will be the rubenesque bride who has ached but at peace with self. The bride who has hid her 'big' love so that she could be found some day. The bride who has undying love for folds and stretches; one who will forever embrace rubenesque.


Back then, nobody could burst the Cinderella bubble. I knew i would don my glass shoe despite how long it took. I am not there as yet. A work in progress they say.All i know, you will never belong until you believe. I am the retired girl who wore jersey number 7 and the rubenesque bride to be.

Be the woman of your dreams… your own kind of hero.


Have a productive remaining part of the week, won't you! 
 xx!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gathering Strength From Life Storms Part 002 - #LupusAwareness